There's NO better feeling than when you get a call from your realtor to tell you the seller just accepted the offer you made on the perfect house! After you finish celebrating that big milestone it's time to get the financing process underway.
If you've already been pre-approved a lot of the documentation needed will have already been provided, but just in case here is a list of what you'll need:
- Last 2 years of documented income (tax returns, W2s, and/or 1099s)
- Last 2 months of bank statements (checking, savings, and retirement)
- Last 30 days of paycheck stubs
- Explanation for any credit inquiries or letters explaining negative ratings
- Proof of downpayment or gift funds
- Home appraisal fee
- Signed executed purchase contract
For more help, I suggest working with a knowledgeable loan officer from Tropical Financial Credit Union who can guide you every step of the way!