Friday, July 26, 2013

RIGHT WHERE YOU BELONG


TFCU member Haftu learned what being a member of a
credit union is really all about when he started talking
to TFCU employee Pricilla.
When a person walks into one of our branches or gives a call to our call center, our goal is to help that person select products and services that best meet their needs – in other words, we use “consultative” approach.  What we do is listen, ask questions, and based on that conversation we recommend solutions. Consumers come to our branches seeking to satisfy a particular financial “need” like  a car loan, a checking account, a home loan, even to seek answers on retirement. 
Sometimes a member simply decides that a credit union isn’t for them and they come in to close their account.  That was what happened with Haftu, a member since 2010, he hadn’t really figured out what the credit union could do for him so he came in to close his account.  Originally friends had told him that Credit Unions were a great place to get a loan so he decided to open an account before he really knew what he was going to do with the account, figuring once he was ready we would be here for him.  But after two years Haftu realized he never really used the account and he decided that he no longer needed it.  He came into our Miramar branch to close his account, and was helped by Priscilla.  There was an immediate spark to their conversation as they talked about their families—nothing really to do with banking, or Haftu’s account.  For the first time since 2010 Haftu saw what makes a credit union different. 
Haftu explains it this way,  “Priscilla treated me as if she owned the company.  She acted as if she had the authority to solve my problems.  She has a genuine smile and cared about me.  She made me realize that I did not want to close my account, and that this is ‘right where I belonged’.” 
By peeling away the layers and discovering Haftu’s real needs, Priscilla was able to suggest products and services that would work perfectly to help meet Haftu’s financial needs.  Priscilla combined what she learned from listening to Haftu with her knowledge of the products we have to offer in order to identify a need that Haftu had not realized existed. During their conversation she learned that Haftu had a vehicle that was financed through a dealership.  She did some research on that loan and found that we could lower the interest rate and the payment.  The new payment and terms of the loan were easy to work into Haftu’s budget needs.  His monthly payments are lower and he is now saving money!
Haftu told us,  “I did not think I was in a position to lower my payments.  Not only was Priscilla able to do this, but she also set me up with a program which delayed my first payment for 90 days!  Even if I had not qualified for the auto loan I knew that I would not be closing my account.  Priscilla did everything she could to help me.  I will spread the word that the first place to go for any banking needs is Tropical Financial Credit Union!” 
Haftu found out what we here at Tropical Financial have known for years...when you're a member at TFCU you're Right Where You Belong!

^Amy

1 comment:

  1. It’s very nice to see any credit union taking such an effort. Tropical financial seems to be very positive for its members. Keep blogging.

    Credit union marketing strategies

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your interest and comments!