Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Myths of Buying Rental Cars

Back in 2005 I bought a new car – not just any new car, the brand new 2005 Ford Mustang – the first year of the retro design.  It was gorgeous, beautiful candy apple red with black interior and when I drove that baby people just got out of my way...except for that cop that issued me my first ticket ever, only two weeks after I got the car. I loved everything about that car, until the gas prices started to soar. Four years later it was costing me nearly $50 to fill the tank and I was filling it close to two times a week!  It didn’t take many months of watching the money pour into the gas tank that I made a decision to trade the car in for a more fuel-efficient model.
That’s when I learned about Enterprise Car Sales.  I had always steered clear of buying used rental cars, I was sure they couldn’t possibly be good cars…after all people who rent cars just beat them up, and who wants to buy an abused car?  Then I spoke to a woman who only bought cars from Enterprise Car Sales and I learned how my perception was completely wrong.
The reality is that Enterprise cars go through a stringent inspection process and they keep only the best cars for resale through their own program. The rest go to auction and many end up on used car lots...the very same lots I used to think were better places to buy used cars.  Plus Enterprise cars are maintained at a much higher level than the general public would maintain their own cars and most have less than 40,000 miles when they are sold. 
So back in 2009 I traded my Mustang for a 2007 Toyota Prius at an Enterprise Car Sale through my credit union. This car may not be as sleek as that Mustang, but I get more questions and comments about it than I ever did with the Mustang, I’m averaging 45 miles/gallon (city and hwy),  plus I’ve had fewer problems than any car I’ve ever owned…AND no tickets.
If you’re in the market for a car – take a look at Enterprise Car Sales through Tropical Financial. We are holding a special event this Saturday at our Miami branch where Enterprise will have 30-50 cars at the branch for a sales event between 9am – 2pm.  If you're not available this Saturday they have  local lots along with a website to search for the kind of car you want. 
Either way,  I can tell you from personal experience that buying through Enterprise Car Sales and financing it through the credit union is definitely a WIN-WIN!
^Amy

4 comments:

  1. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for excellent information I was looking for this information.

    Jeep Replacement Fans & Nissan Replacement Condensers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there is anything wrong if you are buying a rental car but in general people are having lots of myths regarding it. You have written the true lines and I do agree with all these. It was interesting reading this post! Please keep sharing more. Mercedes Mechanic Irving.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your interest and comments!