Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Doing It Right The First Time

Reviewing my checking account last week I noticed a charge for my satellite radio….I guess my free subscription with my new car had expired.  Unfortunately, I forgot how much I authorized them to charge my card and the timeframe it included when I gave them the info upon purchasing the car. 
I put off calling the company until I could speak to a representative without any interruptions. So, on the way home from work one evening I called from my car, using Bluetooth of course,  I called and was asked to press 1 for this and 2 for that for my language preference.   Then I was asked to press 1, 2, 3, 4, and so on and so on and so on for the purpose of my call.  The only fitting category was CANCEL my service.   I was immediately transferred to a customer listening representative.  Hannah was very friendly and reiterated several times that she would be happy to work with me if I decided to continue the subscription.  I love my satellite radio, but the holidays are around the corner and this was entirely too much to pay to listen to the radio! If worse came to worse I would ask my teenager to burn some music to a disc for me rather than pay out money that in my mind, was frivolous and unnecessary.
In the end, my subscription was extended at no charge and I am paid in full for a long, long time.  We exchanged pleasantries and I expressed my gratitude for her help in getting the package deal and economic pricing and wished her a nice evening.
Now, WHY do we have to call and discuss these things??  This is certainly not the only company that I have experienced this with, as a matter of fact; I am the spokesperson for half of my very large family when it comes to these types of issues.   In most cases, the issues/pricing/package deals etc.  are resolved very quickly and to my satisfaction.  I appreciate that, don’t get me wrong but if a better price is available, why not give it from the get go?
The time and energy I spent making the phone call and pleading my case was entirely unnecessary and very annoying to me.  Although it worked out, I prefer to do business with companies that do it right the first time!
Let’s get back to great customer service! Do business with companies that do things right the first time!
Do business with Tropical FCU, we are here for you and we are listening!
^Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest and comments!