We all have our own little secret ways to save money - clipping coupons, reward clubs, after holiday sales, even getting tacos only on Tuesdays. In this episode of Money Minute here are five quick and easy tips that you can use to help save money every day or help pay off debt quicker.
- If you're going to the mall leave the credit cards at home and only bring your debit card. That way you won't be tempted to spend more money than you planned. Works like a charm.
- Going to the grocery store? Make a list AND STICK TO IT!! That is toughest part for me, especially if I'm hungry. So if I'm tempted I use the #3 tip:
- 10 second rule - if I'm tempted to buy something I didn't plan on, I hold it for 10 seconds and try to justify WHY I need it, and if I can't find a good reason in 10 seconds, then I put it back.
- Make a debt calendar. Lay out all your debts and look for the one with the highest interest rate and start making the biggest payments on that debt, once that is paid off then take those payments and apply to the next debt until that's paid off and take the combination of THOSE payments and apply to the next debt. It's an organized way to really make a dent in that pile of bills.
- My favorite - Tropical Financial ONLINE BILLPAY! It allows me to keep track of all my bills in one place AND I save money on envelopes and stamps!
These are just a few ideas that I use in my everyday life, but I would LOVE to get some other ideas to share. SO I'm inviting YOU to share your best savings tips with us and the BEST one is going to win a $50 Amazon gift card!
Entering is easy, just email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or post a comment on our Facebook page under the post: Simple Money Savings Tips. We'll be sharing the tips that people enter as comments to this post as well. Hurry this contest ends on June 30, 2014 and we'll post the winner here on July 1st.
For a complete set of rules click here.