Wednesday, November 6, 2013

YOUR NEXT VACATION IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER

Congratulations! Take a breather and realize you’ve made it to the 11th month of year 2013. Congratulate yourself because you’ve accomplished more than you may realize. You may have finished another college semester with flying colors or embraced your new healthy life style by keeping your weekly workout commitments. You’ve graced your presence at all of your required physician appointments, and happy to report you only had ONE cavity (Thanks Halloween). Now it’s time to celebrate, but how?

I’m aware that we’re rounding the corner of the time of year where we spend a few extra dollars on wrapping paper, updated electronics, and a giant tree that will take up residence in your home for the next two months. My favorite time of year is a tad different from others: planning my following year vacation! My fiancé R and I have begun our diligent research for the best vacation package. Now, when we plan, we plan BIG. We set aside 10 days and determine travel arrangements, narrow down an array of hotels to the perfect accommodations (spa for me and full gym for him), local restaurants, outlet shopping, site seeing, and exciting excursions.   

Now, how do you juggle your monthly requirements, end of year expenses, cushion for the upcoming year, holiday shopping AND be able to book your steal of deal vacation months prior? I wouldn’t call myself a travel guru, but I have learned a few things along the way. In the past, I’ve used my personal debt card as my life line. I was committed to only spending what I had set aside. On one particular vacation I was thrilled to find a rare vintage book but at the time of purchase I was declined. Not only was I overdrawn by my recent purchase of 22 gallons of gas over 2,000 miles away, but I faced a few complications for the duration of that trip. From that point forward, I vowed to travel only on credit cards. I’m able to use a credit card with the comfort knowing that I’m safe, secure, and have the financial availability in the event of an emergency.  With proper planning and budgeting you’ll be able to book your travel plans for optimal savings, without hindering any progress you’ve made in personal account.

Tropical Financial Credit Union offers VISA Platinum Rewards Credit Card with CURewards points for every dollar you spend that can be redeemable for merchandise, travel, gift cards AND cash. It’s definitely something I’m checking out for my travel plans in 2014. After all, you’ve made it this far in 2013 and all accomplishments deserve a celebration, no matter how small. It’s time to Reward yourself.

P.S.  Don’t forget make sure to notify TropicalFinancial Credit Union prior to any travel arrangements. Put your mind at ease knowing that Tropical will protect you along the way.
Happy Travels,

^Cari

2 comments:

  1. Credit card and points always work for me. Last year I traveled on six segments of flights to Europe using just 40,000 points. Recently I got two free hotel nights at a five star hotel using points.I charge everything but do pay my full balance every month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart way to use credit - thank you for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your interest and comments!